Meet our Board Members
In November, 2021, the Directors met staff to conduct a strategic planning session with the goal to improve the Festival in three major areas:
- Community Engagement
- Production Value
The Board developed a revised strategic plan. Beyond simply filling a spot on the Board each Director has a specific area of focus to improve the Society and event experience.
Currently there are twelve Board Level Committees: Each Board Committee is led by a Board Director, features a staff representative and may include a volunteer at large.
- AUDIENCE EDUCATION Lead Alan Bates – Valorie Ellis-Peet, Brenda M’Clellan
- ENVIRONMENT Lead Doug Hearn – Alan Bates, Ian McDiarmid
- FINANCE Lead Brenda M’Clellan – Brook Roberts
- GOVERNANCE Lead Valorie Ellis-Peet – Joyce Kenoras, Rob Marshall
- INFRASTRUCTURE Lead Ian McDiarmid – Doug Hearn, Bernd Hermanski, Alan Bates
- HUMAN RESOURCES Lead Kimm Magill-Hofmann – Steve Atkins, Alan Bates, Ian McDiarmid
- SCHOLARSHIP Lead Steve Atkins – Brenda M’Clellan
- SPONSORSHIP Lead Bernd Hermanski – Rob Marshall
- STRATEGIC PLANNING Lead Steve Atkins – Kimm Magill-Hofmann, Doug Hearn
- VOLUNTEER Lead Elaine Holmes – Doug Hearn, Valorie Ellis-Peet
- MERCHANDISE Lead Rob Marshall – Joyce Kenoras
Annual General Meeting
The most recent Salmon Arm Folk Music Society Annual General Meeting was held at 7 p.m. on Feb. 9, 2022.
Only active members of the Salmon Arm Folk Music Society were allowed to vote at the AGM. Memberships are not sold at the AGM.
To purchase a membership, click here.
All candidates interested to be on the Board of Directors must be an active member of the society and are required to submit in writing their intention to be considered a nominee for the AGM election. Stay tuned for information regarding the 2023 AGM.
Please submit nominee declarations and application directly via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com All nominees must submit a biography and CV to be included in the election information pack to be on hand during the AGM.