Meet the Salmon Arm Folk Music
Society Board of Directors
Salmon Arm Folk Music Society Information
We respectfully acknowledge and recognize that the work of the Salmon Arm Folk Music Society takes place on the unceded traditional territory of the Secwepemc Peoples.
We present excellent world-class, culturally diverse music and artistic experiences to enrich and build community.
To expose, entertain and enrich our community by delivering an excellent presentation of culturally diverse music and related artistic experiences, engaging a multi-generational audience.
The Salmon Arm Folk Music Society (SAFMS) is a non-profit charitable organization that presents the Annual ROOTSandBLUES festival scheduled every 3rd week in August, a concert series, and participation in many local community outreach activities.
Taking place in the beautiful Shuswap Lake in the unceded traditional territory of the Secwepemc peoples in the Interior of BC, the festival has been a cultural presence in the community for over three decades. The SAFMS’s mission is to present excellent world class, culturally diverse music and artistic experiences to enrich and build community.
In November, 2022, the Directors will meet staff to conduct a strategic planning session with the goal to improve the Festival.
Currently there are twelve Board Level Committees: Each Board Committee is led by a Board Director, features a staff representative and may include a volunteer at large.
- AUDIENCE EDUCATION Lead Alan Bates – Valorie Ellis-Peet, Brenda M’Clellan, Joyce Kenoras
- ENVIRONMENT Lead Doug Hearn – Alan Bates, Ian McDiarmid
- FINANCE Lead Brenda M’Clellan – Brook Roberts
- GOVERNANCE Lead Valorie Ellis-Peet – Joyce Kenoras, Rob Marshall
- INFRASTRUCTURE Lead Ian McDiarmid – Doug Hearn, Bernd Hermanski, Alan Bates
- HUMAN RESOURCES Lead Kimm Magill-Hofmann – Steve Atkins, Alan Bates, Ian McDiarmid
- SCHOLARSHIP Lead Steve Atkins – Brenda M’Clellan
- SPONSORSHIP Lead Bernd Hermanski – Rob Marshall
- STRATEGIC PLANNING Lead Steve Atkins – Kimm Magill-Hofmann, Doug Hearn
- VOLUNTEER Lead Elaine Holmes – Doug Hearn, Valorie Ellis-Peet
- MERCHANDISE Lead Rob Marshall – Joyce Kenoras
The next Salmon Arm Folk Music Society Annual General Meeting is on Wednesday, January 18, at 7 pm, 2023 at the Comfort Inn in the Sockeye Room 1090 22 St NE, Salmon Arm, BC.
Only active members of the Salmon Arm Folk Music Society were allowed to vote at the AGM. Memberships are not sold at the AGM. If you are interested to vote at the AGM you must buy a $16 membership before January 16, 2022
All candidates interested to be on the Board of Directors must be an active member of the society and are required to submit in writing their intention to be considered a nominee for the AGM election by January 8, 2022
The Board of Directors has four positions open to be filled. Elections will be held during the AGM. The SAFMS governance committee is encouraging nominees with the skills and experience in finance, legal, and sponsorship apply.
Please submit nominee declarations and application directly via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com All nominees must submit a biography and CV to be included in the election information pack to be on hand during the AGM.