The mission of the Salmon Arm Folk Music Society (SAFMS) is to enrich the cultural fabric of our thriving cultural community. The SAFMS is committed to being an integral partner that supports and showcases emerging BC artists by providing opportunities to tell their stories, entertain, and engage.
About the Series
Digital Currents is a recorded and live music showcase for six emerging and independent musicians and bands from across BC.
- All music genres
- Residents of British Columbia
- Signed and unsigned artists with or without representation (ie management, record company, agents
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
The series offers a unique chance for emerging artists from British Columbia to connect with and build fans throughout BC and the world.
Applications from all genders, ages, cultural backgrounds, ethnicities and other measures of diversity are highly encouraged.
- 2-3 performance video links
- Biography (short/long form – if available)
- High-resolution photo (.jpeg)
- List of personnel / band configuration
- Have a minimum 30 minutes of original material
- Technical Set Up / Stage Plot
- Contact Information
Send Applications to:
Kevin Tobin, Artistic Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be reviewed by a jury panel. Artists will be selected by the Artistic Director.
- Artists will be required to perform a recorded and live showcase in Salmon Arm, BC.
- Artists selected will have all or a portion of expenses covered including: artist backline, travel, Accommodation and hospitality expenses.
- Guaranteed artist compensation.
- Contact Info
APPLCATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Recording and Performance
Professional audio and video recording and performance to take place in Salmon Arm, BC.
The Salmon Arm Folk Music Society acknowledges the support of the BC Arts Council and the Province of British Columbia for helping make this series possible.