Proudly supported by the Adams Lake Band, the Salmon Arm Folk Music Society invites you for an incredible day of indigenous musical celebration!
All Ages * Free Admission * Artisans * Food Trucks * Live Music
When: Saturday, March 18 | 11am – 7pm
Where: 2471 Pierre’s Point Road, Salmon Arm BC Directions Here
11am – 11:45am – Rain Penner August
12pm – 1pm – Bernice Jensen and Pow Wow Crew
2pm – 2:45pm – DerRic Starlight Show
3pm – 3:45pm – St’at’imc Bear Dancers
3:45pm – 4:30pm – DerRic Starlight Show
4:30pm – 5:30pm – George Leach
5:45pm – Close – The Melawmen Collective
ABOUT THE ARTISTS
- Rain Penner August: Chilliwack singer songwriter explores romance, love, and life.
- More Info: Rain August | Facebook
- DerRic Starlight Show: Celebrated Gemini Award winner is a Blackfoot puppeteer from the Tsuut’ina Nation. He was one of the puppeteers chose to work on the Fraggle Rock reboot.
- More Info: DerRic Starlight’s Indigenous Puppets | Facebook
- St’at’imc Bear Dancers: The cultural expressions of the St’at’imc are a very important aspect of the St’at’imc with songs, dances and the social interactions of the people. The Grizzly Bear dance is an expression of culture that is unique and authentic.
- George Leach: Juno award winning artist from the Sta’atl’imx Nation, George Leach brings intense passion and dedication to every performance. His music spans several genres stemming from rock and soulful blues roots with slide guitar riffs blending a range of rhythms with his powerful voice.
- More Info: George Leach – Official Site
- The Melawmen Collective: Contemporary Indigenous Fusion woven together with elements of hip/trip hop, rock and folk and thick harmonies. The Melawmen Collective was formed with a vision to create connections between Indigenous People and all others through music & story, developing our shared historical consciousness towards what the Secwepemc call ‘The Human Beings’.
- More Info: Home – (melawmen.ca)
The Salmon Arm Folk Music Society follows BC Provincial Health Authority and/or the Interior Health Authority directives:
- We are committed to the health and safety of our musicians, attendees, volunteers, sponsors and stakeholders . In accordance with the BC Provincial Health Authority, and/or the Interior Health Authority, all directive restrictions, whichever is more stringent, will be observed.
All policies are subject to change without notice. Please check this page prior to the event start date to ensure you have the latest information on measures we have in place to protect our community.
- For information on British Columbia’s current public health order, CLICK HERE.