ROOTS&BLUES, BC's Marquee Music Festival
Capture breathtaking images from the pit and feature photographs of a diverse crowd gathered over a shared love of music and the arts. When you cover the Salmon Arm ROOTSandBLUES Festival, unwind, edit photos, and share moments with your audience from the peace of our media tent. Thank you for joining us and sharing this amazing festival with the world.
Past Salmon Arm ROOTSandBLUES Headlines
Looking for festival specifics? Check out our Latest Announcements for current news about the Salmon Arm Folk Music Society and 30th annual Salmon Arm ROOTSandBLUES Festival.
- We request that all media attending the Festival send us copies of any articles or recordings from past years and, upon publication, current articles/recordings that cover the Festival. We collect this information for our archives and use it to quantify and analyze your impact and our reach.
- Due to the nature of a festival this size, planning may be modified. If you have any questions – please reach out. If you have any suggestions to improve our media relations, we’d love to hear them.
- Stay tuned for information regarding media accreditation and artist interview requests for the 30th annual festival.
Access is granted to accredited media personnel only. Applications are currently closed.
Accredited media point of entrance will be the Media Check-in queue located at the Festival Box Office near the Main Gate (490 – 5th Ave SW). Pick up your Festival media package to enter the site. Proceed to the media check-in located at the Artist Liaison tent next to the Main Stage.
MEDIA QUEUE PICK-UP HOURS
Friday – TBD
Saturday – TBDS
Sunday – TBD
MEDIA TENT HOURS
Friday – TBD
Sunday – TBD
- Media is only permitted backstage with a backstage access pass. If you are requesting backstage access, please indicate this on the Media Accreditation Request Form (link at the top of the page). This year Backstage Access will also require applicants to submit a photo for the ID tag.
- Photographers wishing to access the Photo Pit located at the stage front will need a special pass to access the Pit (please indicate on the Media Accreditation Request Form). If you are approved to be in this area, please use professional and unobtrusive conduct while working; keep to the sides, or well below the audience’s view.
- The Media Office will work to facilitate requested pre-festival telephone interviews with consenting performers. Please indicate performer preferences on the Media Accreditation Request Form.
- If you are requesting pre-festival telephone interviews please click here to submit your request as soon. We will do our best to accommodate your preferences but cannot guarantee all requests will be fulfilled.
- Check-in with the Media Liaison volunteers located at the Artist Liaison tent. Fill out the Interview Request Form from your Media package if you wish to request interviews and leave it with them along with your contact number. This process ensures that the performers are prepared and welcome an interview.
- Performers will inform us if they prefer a scrum or one-to-one interview. This is up to the performer. Please contact our Media Liaison team at the Artist Liaison tent for interviews confirmed.
- Please note: It is important to provide your cell phone numbers through the provided form so that you can be contacted during the Festival, as soon as information is available.
- Photographers, please be courteous to our paying patrons when setting up your equipment or working. Keep out of the audiences’ view of stages when taking photos and avoid flashes, whenever possible. Photos should be taken during the first two songs of a performer’s set.
- Do not set up lights and generators that will disrupt the audience or performers. If you have any questions about where to set up – please contact the Media Liaison for assistance.
- Video/Audio recorders are only to be used during interviews and not during performances. Any artists not wishing to be photographed or recorded must be respected. Please check with the Media Liaison for a “do not shoot” list.