Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
SAFMS is responsible for the personal information we collect, use, maintain and disclose. To ensure this accountability, we have developed this policy, and trained our staff and support staff about our policies and practices.
What is “personal information?”
Personal information is any information that identifies you, or by which your identity could be deduced. It does not include the name or business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
Why do we collect personal information from you?
We collect personal information from our clients to:
- provide services to you, in accordance with your instructions;
- bill you for the services rendered;
- allow you to participate in and volunteer for events;
- assess your suitability for employment with SAFMS, or your participation as an artist in a SAFMS event;
- provide information to you about upcoming events, developments in the industry; and
- advise you of upcoming events.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect information only by lawful and fair means and not in indiscriminately. We may collect personal information directly from you at the start of our relationship and in the course of our relationship with you.
Sometimes we may also obtain information about you from other sources, for example:
- your insurance company;
- relevant law enforcement officers, where a criminal record check is required.
Consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal information may be obtained orally or in writing and may be expressly given or implied. In determining how we obtain your consent, we will take into account the sensitivity of the personal information about you that we are collecting, using and/or disclosing.
Use of Your Information
When we use your personal information to provide services to you, including for billing purposes and when we use your personal information to include you in any direct marketing activities, we will assume that you have consented to such use unless you specifically advise otherwise. If you tell us that you no longer wish to receive information about our services, or about new developments in the industry, we will not send any further material.
SAFMS does not disclose, rent, sell, or trade your personal information to any third party to enable them to market their products and services without first obtaining express consent from you. For example, we do not provide our client mailing lists to consultants we work with from time to time.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
Under certain circumstances, SAFMS may disclose your personal information:
- when we are required or authorized by law to do so;
- when you have consented to the disclosure;
- when the services we are providing to you require us, as a matter of course, to give your information to a third parties your consent will be implied, unless you tell us otherwise;
- where it is necessary to establish or collect fees;
- if the information is already publicly known.
Updating Your Information
Since we use your personal information to provide services to you, it is important that the information be accurate and up-to-date.
If during the course of our relationship with you, any of your information changes, please inform us so that we can make any necessary changes.
Is my personal information secure?
SAFMS takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Among the steps taken to protect your information are:
- premises security;
- restricted access to personal information stored electronically;
- deploying technological safeguards like security software and firewalls to prevent hacking or unauthorized computer access; and
- internal password and security policies
Access to Your Personal Information
You may ask for access to any personal information we hold about you.
Summary information is available on request. More detailed requests that require archival or other retrieval costs may be subject to fees.
If SAFMS holds information about you and if you can establish that it is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, SAFMS will take reasonable steps to correct it.
Can I be denied access to my personal information?
Your rights to access your personal information are not absolute.
We may deny access when:
- denial of access is required or authorized by law (for example, when a record containing personal information about you is subject to a confidentiality agreement between ourselves and a third party);
- when granting you access would have an unreasonable impact on other people’s privacy;
- to protect our business’ property rights; or
- where the request is frivolous or vexatious.
If we deny your request for access to, or refuse a request to correct information, we will explain why.
SAFMS does not use your Social Insurance Number as a way of identifying or organizing the information we hold about you.
To help us make credit decisions about clients, prevent fraud, check the identity of new clients and prevent money-laundering, we may, on occasion, request information about you from the files of consumer reporting agencies.
How Long do you Keep my Personal Information?
We keep your personal information as long as is reasonably necessary for us to complete our dealings with you, or as may be required by law, whichever is longer.
Communicating with Us
You should be aware that email is not a 100% secure medium, and you should be aware of this when contacting us to send personal or confidential information.
Request for Access/Inquiries
If you have any questions or concerns about how your personal information has, is or will be handled by SAFMS or if you would like to register a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection of Personal Information
When visiting the SAFMS website, the IP address used to access the site will be logged along with the dates and times of access. This information is purely used to analyze trends, administer the site, track users movement and gather broad demographic information for internal use. Most importantly, any recorded IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Links to third party Websites
We have included links on this site for your use and reference. We are not responsible for the privacy policies on these websites. You should be aware that the privacy policies of these sites may differ from our own.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
The contents of this statement may be altered at any time, at our discretion.