31st Annual ROOTSandBLUES Festival Aug 17 - 20, 2023
NO REFUNDS, NO PETS
Children 12 and under are FREE (must be accompanied by an adult)
ADVANCE PRICES are on sale until August 11th!
Click on the purchase tickets link on the top of the page, we accept all credit cards.
Mobility challenged patrons purchase their ticket but the caregiver gets in for free.
Your Tickets will be emailed to you right away, please print and bring to the festival, must bring ID, there are no refunds only if the event is cancelled.
All tickets are now electronic. Print at home or download through our new online system prior to arrival. We no longer offer mail delivery or will-call.
For camping please go to the camping page for more information.
*Lineup, location and time subject to change.
NEED TO TRANSFER YOUR TICKETS?
Secure transfers are an easy way to transfer tickets so that the recipient can be sure that the tickets are legit and that no one else has a copy.
This feature is intended for transferring tickets between people who don’t know each other well and want to prove the ticket’s legitimacy. It isn’t necessary if you just want to send some of the tickets you bought to your friends.
Which tickets are eligible?
Ticket transfers are only available for certain ticket types and at certain times. For details about which tickets are eligible please contact the event organizer.
Transferring your tickets to someone else
GO TO “VIEW YOUR TICKETS” in your email
Transferring tickets is quick and easy and is controlled from your download page.
- Scroll down to the the end of your download page and click the “Transfer Your Tickets” link. Your download page can be accessed via your original ticket purchase email (click here if you’ve lost the email).
- Select the tickets you’d like to transfer, fill in the recipient’s info and we’ll email them a link to claim their tickets.
- Once they’ve claimed their tickets we’ll cancel your originals and create new tickets for the recipient.
Until the recipient claims their tickets you’ll have the option to cancel the transfer. Once the recipient claims the tickets the transfer becomes permanent.
Receiving transferred tickets
When the sender uses our secure ticket transfer feature you’ll get an email with a link to review and claim the tickets. Some events will disable transfers shortly before the event begins, so be sure to claim your tickets as soon you get the email.
Click through and you’ll be taken to your secure download page where you can download the tickets. That’s it – the tickets are now yours!
Please note: just because your name is printed on a ticket does not mean it is legitimate. All secure ticket transfers require you to review the tickets on this website before they are transferred to your name. You’ll know your ticket is legit if you received a transfer email from Tickit and you can download the tickets directly from this website.
Festival Location: 490 5th Avenue SW, Salmon Arm, BC MAP
Festival Box Office Gate – 490 5th Ave SW, Salmon Arm, BC opens Thursday, August 17, 2023 at 10 am – closes at 6 pm. You can purchase tickets here and we can wristband you here too!
Festival Box office hours Thursday, August 17th open 10 am to 6 pm. Open Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 10 pm.
Festival Gate hours – Open August 18, at 4 pm. Saturday and Sunday gates open at 11 am.
ROOTSandBLUES office 541 3rd ST SW, Salmon Arm BC 250 833 4096 or email email@example.com
Office hours open 10 am to 3 pm Monday – Thursday excluding Stat holidays.
As you enter the gate, your ticket will be exchanged for a wristband. If you leave the site and return later, the wristband will be your ticket to get back in. If the wristband has been cut, stretched or altered, you will NOT be allowed back in.
BLANKETS, TARPS AND CHAIRS
▪Tarp or blanket sizes are limited to 8’ X 10’. (LIMITED SPACE)
▪Festival chairs with 8” or lower legs are given closer-to-stage placement priority. This has become a difficult task for our volunteers, and we ask that you give this matter your full cooperation.
▪Higher lawn chairs will be sectioned off so as to not block view lines.
▪Any tarps or chairs left on the field at night will be removed.
SEATING AND DANCING PROTOCOL
Please don’t dance in front of seated patrons. An area will be sectioned off to the side for dancing to allow stage visibility, without blocking the view of those seated.
Please smoke along the perimeter of the site and place your butt in the sand pails supplied throughout the site. We ask that you practice the “pinch and pocket” habit throughout the weekend – pinch off the end and pocket your butt until you can dispose of it in a garbage receptacle.
If you need help, our security volunteers have red volunteer T-shirts and will be happy to assist you with any concerns.
▪We have limited designated parking for disabled patrons on 5th Street S.W. (west side of grounds).
▪We have a viewing area for disabled patrons at Main Stage.
Health care professionals are set up in the white building in front of the grandstand. They are prepared to handle any minor injuries or to redirect any major needs.
Protect yourself and your children with sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, and protective clothing and drink plenty of fluids during the day. Wear shoes to protect your feet. We also have water misters around the site to cool you down.
If your child wanders off, they will be sent to the First Aid building. Please make them aware of the location, should they require assistance.
LOST & FOUND
Our information tent will handle all lost and found items.
GARBAGE AND RECYCLING
The Dragon Boat crew manages the environmental cleanup on site. Please make their job easier by placing all garbage in the bins and recyclables in the appropriate containers when you leave the grounds. The Community Living group clean up in the morning – and in the past, the mess left behind has been overwhelming. Please pitch in and do your part. The money from the recyclables is used to help run their programs.
This is the high season for wasps. Please don’t leave food and drink containers lying around.
- Four Daytime Stages and Two Evening Stages
- A Global Food Village offering a culinary collision of Western cuisine and ethnic delights.
- An Artisan Market featuring handcrafted Canadian creations.
- A Family Zone.
- 2 Beverage gardens with local wines and brews.
We are cashless! You will no longer need to carry wads of cash or even line up at the ATM. Just bring your debit/credit card to make onsite purchases at the box office, festival artist merchandise, 50/50, and beer and wine lounges.
*Select food vendors and artisans will accept cash. ATM available onsite.
NO REFUNDS, NOT PETS
In accordance with the BC Provincial Health Authority, and/or the Interior Health Authority, all directive restrictions, whichever is more stringent, will be observed.
Children 12 years and under are admitted free (no ticket required) with an adult ticket holder.
Proof of age may be requested at the gate prior to entry. No refunds will be offered for tickets that were purchased for children 12 years and under. Additional children under 12 are charged at youth regular price.
Service charges and taxes are applied to each ticket. The service charge and ticket price is the same regardless of where the ticket is purchased or the payment method used.
ROOTSandBLUES neither endorses nor provides technical support for third-party ticket sales. We strongly recommend customers avoid third-party sales, and purchase directly from our ticket provider.
The contractual obligation of the box office is always to the original ticket purchaser. ROOTSandBLUES is not obligated to honour any third-party agreements made in regard to tickets for our shows.
Each ticket has a unique QR or barcode which can only be scanned once for admission to the show. Once scanned the ticket becomes invalid. Duplicate tickets with the same barcode will not be accepted for admission. Please treat all tickets like cash and ensure that they are stored securely. Once a ticket is scanned you will receive a wristband at the gate. Wristbands must be worn at all times and shown for entry into ROOTSandBLUES Festival site and campgrounds. Wristbands are non-transferable. If your wristband is removed or tampered with, it cannot be replaced and you will not be allowed entry.
Ticket QR and barcodes can be cancelled and reissued if a ticket is lost, stolen, or if you have reason to believe there is a duplicate copy. The ticket purchaser must present valid government ID at the box office to have tickets reissued. *This cannot be done once a ticket has been scanned.
If you show up to the gate without your printed ticket in hand you must present valid government photo identification in the name of the ticket purchaser to be checked in electronically. Admittance will not be permitted without a valid government photo ID.
If there is a special ticket price for certain groups (seniors 65+, youth (13-24) members, etc.), proof of age status (age ID, student card, etc.) will be required in order to use the special priced ticket for admission.
Ticket holder assumes all the risks incidental to any event for which this ticket is issued and agrees that the ticket issue; event sponsor or facility owners are not responsible or liable for damages, injuries or claims arising from the use of this ticket. Ticket Holder consents to reasonable examination and searches to ensure compliance with laws, facility rules and regulations and acknowledges that alcoholic beverages, illegal substances, weapons, and recording devices are not permitted on the premises. Any violation of these conditions may result in refusal of admission or ejection without refund.
In the event of a full event cancellation, the ROOTSandBLUES will inform ticket buyers through its official website about procedures for obtaining a refund. In the case of a cancelled event, service fees paid for the rendered service of purchasing tickets are not refundable.
You assume full responsibility and liability for your participation in and attendance at ROOTSandBLUES including risks and dangers incidental to the ROOTSandBLUES, including loss or damage to property, personal injury or death, and hereby forever release, discharge and hold the ROOTSandBLUES its officers, directors, employees, volunteers, contractors, agents or representatives harmless from any claim arising from such risk, even if arising from the negligence of the ROOTSandBLUES, its officers, directors, employees, volunteers, contractors, agents or representatives, or by third parties.
If you want to transfer your tickets to someone else you need to do this through your confirmation email pres VIEW YOUR TICKETS, scroll down to the bottom and change names. Once your tickets are transferred via email, (Your original copies are no longer valid.)
- NO PETS, service animals only
- NO REFUNDS – Only if we cancel the event.
- Lawn chairs – smaller chairs at the front, larger ones at the back
- Security check – No alcoholic beverages brought into the festival grounds, your coolers, bags will be checked by security.
- Tarps – 8′ by 10′ limited spaces.
- Dancing Protocol – We request that patrons to be courteous of each other and attempt not to block the view of those seated. For those who prefer to sit, please be understanding that some patrons come to music festivals to listen and enjoy the experience while dancing.
- Water Bottles The festival is working hard to reduce our environmental footprint. Please help us with this effort by bringing your own reusable water bottle to refill at one our free refill stations. If you do bring a single use water bottle on to the site, please consider refilling it to use again.
- Lost Children If your child wanders off, they will be sent to the Event Central Building. Please make your children aware of the location of this building, should they require assistance.
- Event Hosts If you need help or any assistance, our event host volunteers wear volunteer shirts and are happy to assist you with any concerns
- Smoking and Vaping The festival grounds follow a non-smoking/vaping policy unless a patron is in one of the three designated zones. (see site map)
- Composting, Garbage and Recycling Please pitch in and do your part. Compost, Garbage, Refundable and recycling receptacles are widely available throughout the site. All collected refundables go to help our community groups that volunteer with Roots and Blues.
- Directions to the Festival ROOTSandBLUES is located at the Salmon Arm Fairgrounds, 490 5th Avenue SW, Salmon Arm, BC.
- Parking Paid parking is location on 5th Avenue SE across from the festival gates on a first come first serve basis. $10 per day we accept credit and debit. No cash. Overnight camping is not permitted. Parking is managed by Salmon Arm Security. Find more Salmon Arm parking information at www.salmonarm.ca/226/Parking
- Construction Avoid delays and to keep up to date, BC Drive provides up-to-date information on local and regional road and highway construction and conditions. BC Drive: https://www.drivebc.ca/#mapView&ll=50.598509%2C-118.565809&z=8&xtg=Map%20Badge
- Camping For additional camping close to the festival site, please call 250.832.8803 or 778.855.4409. Additional camping is not directly affiliated with ROOTSandBLUES. Check-in: At the campgrounds, behind the festival on 10th Ave SW on Thursday, August 17 or 18th before 9PM. Make sure to bring your tickets.
- Shower Facilities: Salmon Arm Recreation Centre (pool schedule) www.salmonarmrecreation.ca/pool-schedules
- Swimming: Canoe Beach, www.salmonarm.ca/Facilities/Facility/Details/3
- Shuttle Service: Exclusively for individuals with disability and/or mobility challenges. Please ask a volunteer to contact site transportation
- Fires: Absolutely no fires or propane pit fires. No exceptions
- Tickets Children 12 and under are free when accompanied by an adult. Evening tickets are not available. Only full day or weekend passes are sold.
- NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES.
- Payment Options ROOTSandBLUES is going cashless – tickets, merchandise, 50-50, and beer garden is credit/debit only. ATMS will be onsite for food and artisan vendors.
- Persons with Disabilities We are committed to serving patrons with disabilities who require assistive devices or caregivers to attend the festival. Caregivers are admitted free of charge when accompanying those with disability challenges.
What to Bring
- Plan for the elements
- Refillable Water bottles (complimentary water stations on site)
- Chair and/or tarp (tarp to not exceed 8’ x 10’)
- Debit / Credit Card (we do have ATM’s on site for food and artisan vendors)
- Bring your Identification
- Pets (service animals only please)
Outside Food and Beverage
- Bag and cooler checks at gates
- Outside alcoholic beverages are not permitted and will be confiscated
- You are permitted to bring outside food and non alcoholic beverages
- No large coolers
Food and Artisan Marketplace
- Packed with over 45 vendors, the market village is your go to stop for local and regional delicacies and unique, hand crafted works.
- Free for festival attendees. The shuttle runs to and from the festival grounds to downtown shows, shops, and eateries.
- Courtesy of the businesses of Downtown Salmon Arm, take the shuttle to check out the free Tuned Up Series performances.
- Shuttle Pick up: Festival Campground Entrance | Main Gate Entrance
- Shuttle Hours: TBD
Advance weekend and day passes are on sale until August 11th!
Frequently Asked Questions
Starting December 5, 2022 Early Bird rates start! Until March 5, 2023
Children 12 and UNDER are free (must be accompanied by an adult)
Physically/Disability challenged must pay for their ticket but a caregiver gets in for free.
Adult Weekend $150 plus tax/fees
Senior Weekend (65+) $125 plus tax/fees
Youth Weekend (13-24) $100 plus tax/fees
ADVANCE PRICES begin March 6, at 9 am
ADULT WEEKEND $215
SENIOR WEEKEND 65+ $190
YOUTH WEEKEND (13-24) $100
DAY TICKETS AVAILABLE
ADULT FRI, SAT, SUN $90
SENIOR FRI, SAT, SUN $80
* DOES NOT INCLUDE GST and Fee
Yes, you can. In the original confirmation email you were sent, you press VIEW YOUR TICKETS, once you get this page, scroll down to the bottom, and that is where you can select the tickets you’d like to transfer, and you can email the tickets to whoever you are selling to from there. It’s up to you to collect the funds from the buyer.
You will receive an email with your tickets right away. If you haven’t received them just contact firstname.lastname@example.org to resend your ticket confirmation.
No Pets, only certified service animals.
FESTIVAL BOX OFFICE HOURS
Bring your festival ticket to the festival box office to check in at the main gate to receive your wristband.
At the main festival gate 490 5th Ave SW, Salmon Arm. The festival box office opens on Thursday, August 17th, 10 am to 6 pm to redeem your ticket.
Friday at 10 am to 10 pm.
Saturday and Sunday 10 am to 10 pm
FESTIVAL SITE HOURS
Friday at 4 pm – 11 pm
Saturday and Sunday at 11 am to 11 pm
- We request that patrons to be courteous of each other and attempt not to block the view of those seated.
- For those who prefer to sit, please be understanding that some patrons come to music festivals to listen and enjoy the experience while dancing.
- One block off the Trans Canada Highway, if you are coming in from Kamloops, turn right at the lights, at 10th ST. SW (Shell station is on the right), then go up to 5th AVE SW, (first four way stop) and turn left, on the next block on 5th ST, and 5th AVE is the festival location.
- If you are coming in from the East, or from Highway 97, turn left at the lights on 10th ST SW, and at the first four way stop, turn left on 5th AVE, one block down is the festival location.
- NO REFUNDS, but you can sell your tickets, and transfer your tickets to the new ticketholder. Go to your original email VIEW YOUR TICKETS, scroll down and transfer at the bottom of the page.
- It is up to you to collect payment from a buyer, and up to you to transfer your tickets to their name/s
In the event of a full event cancellation, the ROOTSandBLUES and will inform ticket buyers through its official website about procedures for obtaining a refund. In the case of a cancelled event, service fees and taxes paid for the rendered service of purchasing tickets are not refundable.
No, wristbands are non-transferable.
Yes, you can contact the Salmon Arm Visitor’s Centre and they will assist you in finding other accommodations.
Salmon Arm Visitor’s Centre HERE
- Plan for the elements
- Refillable Water bottles (complimentary water stations on site)
- Chair and/or tarp (tarp to not exceed 8’ x 10’)
- Debit / Credit Card (we do have ATM’s on site for bars, food and artisan vendors)
- Bring your Identification
- BRING YOUR TICKETS
The Salmon Arm Folk Music Society (SAFMS) is a non-profit charitable organization that presents the Annual ROOTSandBLUES festival scheduled every 3rd week in August, a concert series, and participation in many local community outreach activities.
Taking place in the beautiful Shuswap Lake in the unceded traditional territory of the Secwepemc peoples in the Interior of BC, the festival has been a cultural presence in the community for over three decades.
The SAFMS’s mission is to present excellent world class, culturally diverse music and artistic experiences to enrich and build community.
- Yes, we have over 25 food vendors!
- Thai food, burgers, lemonade, pizza, greek food, vegan food, coffees, ice cream, and more.
OUTSIDE FOOD AND BEVERAGE:
- Security Check Upon Entry. Bag and cooler checks at gates | Outside alcoholic beverages are NOT permitted and will be confiscated.
- You are permitted to bring outside food and non alcoholic beverages | No large coolers
- Paid parking is location on 5th Avenue SW across from the festival main gate on a first come first serve basis. $10 per day we accept credit and debit. No cash. Overnight camping is not permitted.
- Parking is managed by Salmon Arm Security. Find more Salmon Arm parking information at www.salmonarm.ca/226/Parking
Yes, you can bring an 8′ by 10′ tarp. But we are limiting spaces for tarps.
Lawn chairs, smaller ones at the front of the stage, larger ones go to the back.
PLEASE BE COURTEOUS and do not leave tarps unattended! NO RESERVING SPOTS.
- Please stay tuned for announcements.
- Sign up to our newsletter at the bottom of this page to hear the latest!
- Once the program schedule is completed we will post on our website!
$16 for a membership of the Salmon Arm Folk Music Society entitles you:
to voting priviliges at our Annual General meeting
pre-released before tickets are public when available.
Memberships are Annual from November 1st to October 31st.