31st Annual ROOTSandBLUES Festival Aug 17 -20, 2023
Looking for Memberships, Camping, Concert, OR Festival Tickets GO HERE
Earlybird Tickets go on sale December 5, 2022, until March 5th 2023, and then ADVANCE prices begin. Save 20% Now!
Early Bird Prices
Adult Weekend $150 plus tax/fees
Senior Weekend (65+) $125 plus tax/fees
Youth Weekend (13-24) $100 plus tax/fees
FESTIVAL LOCATION – 490 5th Ave SW, Salmon Arm, BC.
ONLINE – Safe, and secure – Payments Visa and Mastercard | PURCHASE – HERE Payment – Visa, MC. Available 24/7
BY PHONE – 250.833.4096 | Hours: 10 AM-3 PM, Monday-Friday (excluding statutory holidays).
EMAIL – firstname.lastname@example.org for all other inquiries
All tickets are electronic for your convenience. Print at home through our new online system. We no longer offer mail delivery or will-call.
How can I transfer my tickets? Through your email you received upon purchase, if you have not received confirmation please let email@example.com know, and we’ll resend your tickets, with confirmation, once you’ve opened that email, click on “VIEW YOUR TICKETS”, and then scroll down to the bottom of the page, and proceed to transfer, choose which tickets to transfer in their name and you can send them an email from there.
*No Refunds only if the event is cancelled
For ROOTSandBLUES Camping information go to CAMPING page to find out more.
NOTE: The Salmon Arm Folk Music Society office will be closed from December 17th to January 8th 2023 for the holidays.
- NO PETS: certified service animals only
- PERFORMER LINEUP: is subject to change
- NO REFUNDS: Only if we cancel the event.
- LAWN CHAIRS: smaller chairs at the front, larger ones at the back.
- TARPS: 8′ by 10′
- DANCING: Be courteous of each other and attempt not to block the view of those seated. For those who prefer to sit, please be understanding that some patrons come to music festivals to listen and enjoy the experience while dancing.
- HYDRATE: The festival works hard to reduce the environmental footprint. Bring your own reusable water bottle to refill at one our free refill stations. If you do bring a single use water bottle, please consider refilling it to use again.
- LOST CHILDREN: Children will be sent to the Event Central Building. Ensure your children aware of the location of this building.
- FIRST AID: located by the Event Central Building.
- EVENT HOSTS: Need help or any assistance? Our event host volunteers wear volunteer shirts will happily assist you with any concerns.
- SMOKERS/VAPERS: The festival grounds follow a non-smoking/vaping policy unless a patron is in one of the three designated zones.
- GREEN INITIATIVES: Please pitch in! Compost, Garbage, Refundable and recycling receptacles are available on the site. All collected refundables go to help our community groups who volunteer with ROOTSandBLUES.
- DIRECTIONS: ROOTSandBLUES is located at the Salmon Arm Fairgrounds, 490 5th Avenue SW, Salmon Arm, BC.
- PARKING: Paid parking location is on 5th Avenue SW across from the festival main gate on a first come first serve basis. $10 per day we accept credit and debit. No cash. Overnight camping is NOT permitted. Parking is managed by Salmon Arm Security. Find more Salmon Arm parking information at www.salmonarm.ca/226/Parking
- OTHER CAMPING: Call 250.832.8803 or 778.855.4409. Additional camping is not directly affiliated with ROOTSandBLUES.
- SHOWER FACILITIES: Salmon Arm Recreation Centre (pool schedule) www.salmonarmrecreation.ca/pool-schedules
- SWIMMING: Canoe Beach, www.salmonarm.ca/Facilities/Facility/Details/3
- SHUTTLE SERVICE ONSITE: Exclusively for individuals with disability and/or mobility challenges. Please ask a volunteer to contact site transportation
- CAN I HAVE A FIRE ON THE CAMPGROUNDS? Absolutely NO fires or propane pit fires. No exceptions
- TICKETS for Children 12 and under are free when accompanied by an adult. Evening tickets are not available. Only full day or weekend passes are sold.
- PAYMENT OPTIONS ON SITE: ROOTSandBLUES is going cashless – tickets, merchandise, 50-50, and beer garden is credit/debit only. ATM’S will be onsite for food and artisan vendors.
- PERSONS WITH MOBILITY/DISABILITY CHALLENGES: We serve patrons with disabilities who require assistive devices or caregivers to attend the festival. Caregivers are admitted free of charge when accompanying those with disability/mobility challenges.
- WHAT TO BRING: Plan for the elements. Refillable Water bottles (complimentary water stations on site) | Sunscreen/Hat | Chair and/or tarp (tarp to not exceed 8’ x 10’) | Debit / Credit Card (we do have ATM’s on site for food and artisan vendors) | Bring your Identification | Earplugs
- OUTSIDE FOOD AND BEVERAGE: Security Check Upon Entry. Bag and cooler checks at gates | Outside alcoholic beverages are NOT permitted and will be confiscated | You are permitted to bring outside food and non alcoholic beverages | No large coolers
- FOOD and ARTISAN VILLAGES : Packed with over 45 Food/Artisan vendors, the market village is your go to stop for local and regional delicacies and unique, hand crafted works.
- SHUTTLE for DOWNTOWN: Free for ROOTSandBLUES festival attendees. The shuttle runs to and from the festival grounds to downtown shows, shops, and eateries. Courtesy of Downtown businesses. Shuttle pick-up at the main gate of the festival. Times TBD.
- All sales are final. NO REFUNDS. If the event is cancelled you will be refunded except for the service charges.
- Ticket sales are first come, first served. Tickets will not be held, reserved, or set aside.
- TICKET TRANSFER now available. Use your confirmation email sent to you with your ticket purchase to transfer tickets. The contractual obligation of the box office is always to the original ticket purchaser. ROOTSandBLUES is not obligated to honour any third-party agreements made in regard to tickets for our shows. If you want to transfer your tickets to someone else you need to do this at TICKIT.ca. and from your confirmation email. Press VIEW YOUR TICKETS, scroll down and make your transfers there, you are responsible for transfers and collecting funds. Original ticket is void after transfer has been completed.
- CHILDREN 12 AND UNDER ARE FREE (no ticket required) with an adult ticket holder Proof of age may be requested at the gate prior to entry.
- TAXES and FEES are applicable to base ticket price. The fees/taxes and ticket price is the same regardless of where the ticket is purchased or the payment method used.
- ROOTSandBLUES neither endorses nor provides technical support for third-party ticket sales. We strongly recommend customers avoid third-party sales, and purchase directly from our ticket provider.
- Each ticket has a unique QR or barcode which can only be scanned once for admission to the show. Once scanned the ticket becomes invalid. Duplicate tickets with the same barcode will not be accepted for admission. Please treat all tickets like cash and ensure that they are stored securely. Once a ticket is scanned you will receive a wristband at the gate. Wristbands must be worn at all times and shown for entry into ROOTSandBLUES Festival site and campgrounds. WRISTBANDS ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE. If your wristband is removed or tampered with, it cannot be replaced and you will not be allowed entry.
- Ticket QR and barcodes can be cancelled and reissued if a ticket is lost, stolen, or if you have reason to believe there is a duplicate copy. The ticket purchaser must present valid government ID at the box office to have tickets reissued. *This cannot be done once a ticket has been scanned.
- If you show up at the gate without your printed ticket in hand you must present valid government photo identification in the name of the ticket purchaser to be checked in electronically. Admittance will not be permitted without a valid government photo ID.
- If there is a special ticket price for certain groups (seniors 65+, youth 13 -24, members, etc.), proof of age status (age ID, student card, etc.) will be required in order to use the special priced ticket for admission.
- Ticket holder assumes all the risks incidental to any event for which this ticket is issued and agrees that the ticket issue; event sponsor or facility owners are not responsible or liable for damages, injuries or claims arising from the use of this ticket. Ticket Holder consents to reasonable examination and searches to ensure compliance with laws, facility rules and regulations and acknowledges that alcoholic beverages, illegal substances, weapons, and recording devices are not permitted on the premises. Any violation of these conditions may result in refusal of admission or ejection without refund.
- EVENT CANCELLATION, the ROOTSandBLUES and will inform ticket buyers through its official website about procedures for obtaining a refund. In the case of a cancelled event, service fees and taxes paid for the rendered service of purchasing tickets are not refundable.
- You assume full responsibility and liability for your participation in and attendance at ROOTSandBLUES including risks and dangers incidental to the ROOTSandBLUES, including loss or damage to property, personal injury or death, and hereby forever release, discharge and hold the ROOTSandBLUES its officers, directors, employees, volunteers, contractors, agents or representatives harmless from any claim arising from such risk, even if arising from the negligence of the ROOTSandBLUES, its officers, directors, employees, volunteers, contractors, agents or representatives, or by third parties.
- In accordance with the BC Provincial Health Authority, and/or the Interior Health Authority, all directive restrictions, whichever is more stringent, will be observed.
We are committed to the health and safety of our musicians, attendees, volunteers, sponsors and stakeholders and this year is no exception.
All policies are subject to change without notice. Please check this page prior to the event start date to ensure you have the latest information on measures we have in place to protect our community.
- As of April 8, BC’s vaccine card will no longer be mandatory to attend indoor and outdoor public settings. However, COVID-19 protocols are subject to change.
- SAFMS adheres to evolving BC Provincial Health Authority and Interior Health Authority guidelines and recommendations.
- Those who wish to wear a mask at SAFMS events are welcomed to do so.
- For information on British Columbia’s current public health order, CLICK HERE.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Starting December 5, 2022 Early Bird rates start! Until March 5, 2023 Prices TBD
- Children 12 and UNDER are free (must be accompanied by an adult)
- Physically/Disabilty challenged must pay for their ticket but a caregiver gets in for free.
Adult Weekend $150 plus tax/fees
Senior Weekend (65+) $125 plus tax/fees
Youth Weekend (13-24) $100 plus tax/fees
Yes, you can. In the original confirmation email you were sent, you press VIEW YOUR TICKETS, once you get this page, scroll down to the bottom, and that is where you can select the tickets you’d like to transfer, and you can email the tickets to whoever you are selling to from there. It’s up to you to collect the funds from the buyer.
You will receive an email with your tickets right away. If you haven’t received them just contact firstname.lastname@example.org to resend your ticket confirmation.
No Pets, only certified service animals.
FESTIVAL BOX OFFICE HOURS
Bring your festival ticket to the festival box office to check in at the main gate to receive your wristband.
At the main festival gate 490 5th Ave SW, Salmon Arm. The festival box office opens on Thursday, August 17th, 10 am to 6 pm to redeem your ticket.
Friday at 10 am to 10 pm.
Saturday and Sunday 10 am to 10 pm
FESTIVAL SITE HOURS
Friday at 4 pm – 11 pm
Saturday and Sunday at 11 am to 11 pm
- We request that patrons to be courteous of each other and attempt not to block the view of those seated.
- For those who prefer to sit, please be understanding that some patrons come to music festivals to listen and enjoy the experience while dancing.
- One block off the Trans Canada Highway, if you are coming in from Kamloops, turn right at the lights, at 10th ST. SW (Shell station is on the right), then go up to 5th AVE SW, (first four way stop) and turn left, on the next block on 5th ST, and 5th AVE is the festival location.
- If you are coming in from the East, or from Highway 97, turn left at the lights on 10th ST SW, and at the first four way stop, turn left on 5th AVE, one block down is the festival location.
- NO REFUNDS, but you can sell your tickets, and transfer your tickets to the new ticketholder. Go to your original email VIEW YOUR TICKETS, scroll down and transfer at the bottom of the page.
- It is up to you to collect payment from a buyer, and up to you to transfer your tickets to their name/s
In the event of a full event cancellation, the ROOTSandBLUES and will inform ticket buyers through its official website about procedures for obtaining a refund. In the case of a cancelled event, service fees and taxes paid for the rendered service of purchasing tickets are not refundable.
No, wristbands are non-transferable.
Yes, you can contact the Salmon Arm Visitor’s Centre and they will assist you in finding other accommodations.
Salmon Arm Visitor’s Centre HERE
- Plan for the elements
- Refillable Water bottles (complimentary water stations on site)
- Chair and/or tarp (tarp to not exceed 8’ x 10’)
- Debit / Credit Card (we do have ATM’s on site for bars, food and artisan vendors)
- Bring your Identification
- BRING YOUR TICKETS
The Salmon Arm Folk Music Society (SAFMS) is a non-profit charitable organization that presents the Annual ROOTSandBLUES festival scheduled every 3rd week in August, a concert series, and participation in many local community outreach activities.
Taking place in the beautiful Shuswap Lake in the unceded traditional territory of the Secwepemc peoples in the Interior of BC, the festival has been a cultural presence in the community for over three decades.
The SAFMS’s mission is to present excellent world class, culturally diverse music and artistic experiences to enrich and build community.
- Yes, we have over 25 food vendors!
- Thai food, burgers, lemonade, pizza, greek food, vegan food, coffees, ice cream, and more.
OUTSIDE FOOD AND BEVERAGE:
- Security Check Upon Entry. Bag and cooler checks at gates | Outside alcoholic beverages are NOT permitted and will be confiscated.
- You are permitted to bring outside food and non alcoholic beverages | No large coolers
- Paid parking is location on 5th Avenue SW across from the festival main gate on a first come first serve basis. $10 per day we accept credit and debit. No cash. Overnight camping is not permitted.
- Parking is managed by Salmon Arm Security. Find more Salmon Arm parking information at www.salmonarm.ca/226/Parking
Yes, you can bring an 8′ by 10′ tarp.
Lawn chairs, smaller ones at the front of the stage, larger ones go to the back.
- Please stay tuned for announcements.
- Sign up to our newsletter at the bottom of this page to hear the latest!
- Once the program schedule is completed we will post on our website!
$16 for a membership of the Salmon Arm Folk Music Society entitles you:
to voting priviliges at our Annual General meeting
pre-released before tickets are public when available.
Memberships are Annual from November 1st to October 31st.